openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Röllig <mroellig.n...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Increase the number of tables in Calc
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2017 20:13:59 GMT
>> If one creates daily reports at seperate sheets and want to collect the
>> reports for one year in one document then this enhancement is very
>> useful.
>> When do older versions of AOO warn “This document was created with a
>> newer version? […]”
>
> <sarkasm>
> </sarkasm>

There is no need for sarcasm. AOO have this warning since years – but I
don't know the mechanism behind. Sometimes I get this message with an
actual version of AOO if I open a document which was created with LO.
OOo2.x/3.x shows this message also for documents which was created with
newer OOo/AOO version. Maybe this message was already introduced in the
StarOffice time.
And this message was introduced to warn users of possible loss.
I don't know if there is a special document version string or if simply
the AOO version is written into the document. So my question is

 >> Must the main version number increased for such a change?

to trigger this message? If you know more then please let us know.

Regards, Mathias