openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Groenescheij <Mar...@Groenescheij.COM>
Subject Re: [AOO-Templates]
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2017 05:30:11 GMT

On 24/02/17 6:44 AM, Jörg Schmidt wrote:
>> From: Martin Groenescheij [mailto:Martin@Groenescheij.COM]
>> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/professional-templ
>> ate-pack-english
>> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/professional-templ
>> ate-pack-ii-english
>>
>> And how are users informed about this?
> For example, you can click on the link at the bottom of the Extension Manager

That is not the way users search for extensions.

>> The OpenOffice website direct them to:
>> http://templates.openoffice.org/
>> The issue is not solved by the fact that developers now alternative
>> URL's it's only solved by cleaning our extension / template pages
> What issue? I have only informed about two extensions, which has nothing at all to
> do with a troubleshooting on the templates website.

Yes you have informed about two extensions, but the question is who do
you have informed?
Users are raising questions at the user mailing list, most likely they
are not subscribed to the dev mailing list.
If the developers are not able to solve the problem then at least direct
us to whom we (user) can escalate the problem.