openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Increase the number of tables in Calc
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2017 20:28:16 GMT
Am 06.02.2017 um 21:13 schrieb Mathias Röllig:
>>> If one creates daily reports at seperate sheets and want to collect the
>>> reports for one year in one document then this enhancement is very
>>> useful.
>>> When do older versions of AOO warn “This document was created with a
>>> newer version? […]”
>>
>> <sarkasm>
>> </sarkasm>
>
> There is no need for sarcasm. AOO have this warning since years – but I
> don't know the mechanism behind. Sometimes I get this message with an
> actual version of AOO if I open a document which was created with LO.
> OOo2.x/3.x shows this message also for documents which was created with
> newer OOo/AOO version. Maybe this message was already introduced in the
> StarOffice time.

I don't know such a message. I only know the message that is shown when
you want to save a .doc file when .odt is more appropriate to prevent
data loss due to OpenOffice functions that do not exist in MS Word.

> And this message was introduced to warn users of possible loss.
> I don't know if there is a special document version string or if simply
> the AOO version is written into the document. So my question is

Yes, see the "meta:generator" tag in the file "meta.xml". Example:

OpenOffice.org_project/413m1$Build-9783</meta:generator>

The same for the ODF version.

Marcus