openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Bugzilla
Date Fri, 26 May 2017 21:00:08 GMT

> On May 20, 2017, at 9:11 AM, Hagar Delest <delest.hagar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Le 20/05/2017 à 12:10, Peter Kovacs a écrit :
>> Our best recruitment base is our user base. The more we use them the tighter the
link between user and developer gets, the more probable it is we get people.
>> Community feeling is a strong motivator for doing the right thing.
> Well, remember that the user base of applications like AOO is not the same as for other
more geek-oriented application in OpenSource field. We face mostly basic users who wants things
done at no cost and with equivalent features to MS Office ones for example. They don't have
any knowledge nor will to engage very far.
> According to what we see in the forum, it's rather difficult to even make them file a
bug report.

Our *best* recruitment is how we *TREAT* our user base, which, IMO,
means ensuring known release schedules as well as opportune releases in short
order to fix security concerns.

Anyone who has "stuck" with AOO deserves, IMO and with own personal hat
on, much better respect than we have been giving to them.