openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Fwd: Problem with Open Office before and after installing new update
Date Sun, 21 May 2017 20:17:02 GMT
For what it's worth

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

 Brian Barker <b.m.barker@btinternet.com>
> Subject: Re: Problem with Open Office before and after installing new update
>
> I begin the campaign  :  DO NOT UPGRADE  the OPEN OFFICE  UNLESS the SPELL CHECK IS GOING
TO WORK   .. I don know who decides when to upgrade it,  but how many of us have a problem
 with the spell check after it.
> The  solution given, solution at end, made with respect,  is Neanderthal Time  !!!
>
> I saw it the same answer before in this  "chat"Spell check is an aptitude old as word
editors.  Do not touch it.

> LetÅ› stand on it :  I vote DO NOT UPGRADE  the OPEN OFFICE  UNLESS the SPELL CHECK IS
GOING TO WORK

>    On Thursday, May 18, 2017 3:52 AM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
>

> On Thu, 18 May 2017 01:58:06 +0000 (UTC)
> Matt Wiser <mattwiser_99@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
>>   Hi. Matt Wiser here, and I have been a longtime user of OpenOffice since the Win98
days on a desktop, and now on my laptop. Today, I encountered a problem, and a forum search
didn't help. I opened a document that I had created and saved two years ago, and it had wavy
lines beneath all of the text, something that has never happened before. I downloaded and
installed the update to the new version just released, and the same thing happens! Only by
disabling the automatic spell check does the wavy line disappear. Language has been set to
English (USA) as the default setting. What's going on here?
>> Thanks in advance for your assistance, and can someone tell me what's going on here?
I am a casual user of my computer-probably with a Capital C, so, any help is appreciated.

> Start by renaming your OpenOffice user profile.
>
> As you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
> Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes called
Windows Explorer)