openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Centos5 builds (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))
Date Tue, 02 May 2017 21:30:52 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> FWIW, I've kicked off a CentOS5.11 x64 build on my VM.

My CentOS 64 builds are online and confirmed to be working by others who
use it for daily tasks (see archives of this list, or just ask if you
need a link). Unless you see a reason for making alternate ones, I think
Windows would be a wiser investment of time.

> I've updated the wiki build page (https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step)
> with some updates, most due to CentOS5 is now EOL and some urls
> have changed. Plus, I needed to manually install File::Path

So this would be

https://wiki.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Documentation%2FBuilding_Guide_AOO%2FStep_by_step&diff=237941&oldid=237939

The new dependency is strange since I didn't recall needing it, but it
might have come with some other component in case.

And yes, the fact that CentOS 5 becomes unsupported is the reason for me
to ask to modify our baseline in future (again, see archives of this
list); but for sure not for 4.1.4.

Regards,
   Andrea.