openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <is...@volo-net.com>
Subject Re: Windows 10 S
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 08:06:44 GMT
On 5/11/2017 11:01 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> I cam across this thread on an Ubuntu forum
> https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2360989
>
> The gist of it is that Win 10 S (out of the box) will not run 32 bit applications.
>
> I have not delved into the depths of Windows 10 and Microsoft policy, being a contented
linux user, but if the reports in that thread are true ought we not seriously consider a 64
bit OpenOffice?

I don't think that it's about 32-bit vs 64-bit, it's about not running
native old-style win32 apps, and only allowing new UWP apps.  The apps
can still be 32 or 64 bits, but must be UWP and live in the Windows Store