openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: 4.1.4 blockers (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 18:36:15 GMT
> An installer for Windows (and macOS) with an outdated ASF logo is
> "broken" (in my eyes) ;-)
>
> 80% of our downloads are for Windows, 15% for macOS. They should see the
> new logo!

the logos are visible just at 2 places:
- splash screen
--> With the modern PC systems these days it's visible for only - hm,
let's say - 1,5 sec.

- About dialog
--> IMHO a dialog that is one of the most seldom opened dialogs in
OpenOffice.

I don't want to sound too negative. I just doubt that the most users
will notice this graphical change. ;-)

However, at the end it's the decision of the Release Manager if he is
accepting this as a blocker.

> Apart from that, no code! Just some graphics...

Sure, but every change is a risk. And it should be prevented in general
when it's not necessary. I don't make a difference between code and
non-code.

Paranoia? Maybe.
Experience? Yes.

Marcus