openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Old AOO referencing in Google
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 21:37:33 GMT
On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 10:21 PM, Marcus <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

> However, it doesn't matter. There is no reason to provide download pages
> to offer outdated versions - based on w.oo.o. Of course we cannot influence
> what others are offering on their webpages.

I disagree. I and users I support have often had reason to download old
versions of software. The most common cause is because they are using an
outdated operating system they can't change for some reason, but sometimes
a feature or a bug of a given version is needed.

There's no need to promote them, but removing them is a mistake.

S.