openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <delest.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Problem with Open Office before and after installing new update
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 20:11:37 GMT
Le 22/05/2017 à 10:16, Rory O'Farrell a écrit :
> On Mon, 22 May 2017 09:57:31 +0200
> Peter Kovacs <peter.kovacs@posteo.de> wrote:
>> Thanks for the sum up.
>>
>> Still I think we should find a solution.
>> So i adf backup at the start of editing session  to the list.
>>
>> Is there a bug for this?
> There certainly ought be, but I cannot point to one.
>
> I think Hagar has remarked on Forum of one instance of spellcheck or file corruption
on his (work) Windows system, and with great respect, that might be due to a freak close down
on his part.  In this sort of fault finding the user reports of their actions are "unreliable",
as they often feel they are being trapped into an admission of improper computer use.

> In ten years of heavy use  of StarOffice/OO (last years on linux) I have experienced
file corruption or spellcheck problems on very few occasions, caused by unexpected power cuts
in storms.  My computer experience goes back to 1965 (Fortran II on an IBM 1640), so I am
aware of the need for system in their use,

> Rory
There is a bug report for the ### and for the dictionary issue (but the latter was closed
as fixed).
Never heard of a feature request to have a backup of the registrymodification.xcu file. Sounds
a good idea but still needs tweaking from user to restore the former file.

As for the spellcheck corruption, I noticed quite recently that it could be in fact a temporary
glitch. It happened on a big file (25MB), sometimes all the text is underlined and sometimes
there is no underline at all (even where there should be). This behavior disappear after some
time (haven't yet investigated what is needed, reboot or Windows session...).

Hagar