openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <delest.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Old AOO referencing in Google
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 19:04:22 GMT
Le 10/05/2017 à 23:21, Marcus a écrit :
> So, there must be something special in the kind of seaching that the user is doing.

I tried myself (see screenshot in the forum) with the standard search. So nothing special
at all.

> I've deleted the webpage that is mentioned in the result page the user has posted in
the screenshot. As soon as Google is re-indexing our website I expect that this special webpage
is recognized as deleted and therefore no longer in the search results.
I agree with others that the page itself should be kept to allow the download of older versions.
But perhaps there are keywords that can be removed to lower the relevance for a search.
Or perhaps increase the visibility of the archived & legacy versions (quite hidden as
a last link at bottom of the additional resources section).

Hagar