openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: English Students for dicumentation
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2017 06:24:00 GMT

> Peter;
Hi Keith,
> The status of our documentation is the same as it has been for at
> least
> the last 3 years; at a standstill. We do not have people that are
> willing to shepherd the documentation, are willing to work on the
> mwiki
> and have the knowledge of technical writing to mentor the occasional
> volunteers we get that need a lot of hand holding to get started.
I had hoped the situation is a little better on @doc. However, I
expected an answer like this.

> From my reading of professor Famiglietti's e-mail on doc@ I am unsure
> whether what he is suggesting would be of help or not. I have tried 3
> or
> 4 different times to get the documentation sub-project active and
> working with no success and I do not have the energy nor the
> inclination
> to beat my head against that brick wall again.
Well, I think the Idea of Professor Famiglietti is a great opportunity.
So lets try that. It is definitly worth a shot.

> I will commit to reply to professor Famiglietti on doc@ and explain
> where we are at with the User Guides and what help he thinks he and
> his
> students could provide.
Thanks a lot, for taking care on this opportunity, however the outcome
might be :-)

> Regards
> Keith
All the Best