openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>
Subject English Students for dicumentation
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2017 09:37:06 GMT
Hi all!

Do we have document work for Students?
Can someone contact the professor  bellow who has an idea what our status on documentation
is?

All the best
Peter

-------- Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht --------
Von: "Famiglietti, Andrew A" <AFamiglietti@wcupa.edu>
Gesendet: 14. September 2017 16:43:06 MESZ
An: "recruitment@openoffice.apache.org" <recruitment@openoffice.apache.org>
Betreff: Hello!

Hi Open Office Team,

I'm an professor in the English Department at West Chester University of Pennsylvania, and
I'm planning to use Open Source Software documentation as a "real world" writing task for
my Technical Writing Students this semester. I noticed your project was looking for documentation
help on github and thought I would reach out. Some things you should know:

- I'm not going to swamp you with student pull requests. Students will file their drafts with
me, first, and then I will pass them on to you only if I think they have a reasonably good
end product, and I have an ok from the project
- At most two or three students might work on a given project

I was wondering:

- If you would be interested in seeing the documentation drafts students produce
- If there was any particular area of documentation you were particularly in need of

Thanks so much for your time!
?
---
Andy Famiglietti, PhD
Assistant Professor of English, West Chester University
http://copyvillain.org<http://copyvillain.org/>