openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: OS X High Sierra
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2017 17:07:34 GMT
Am 17.09.2017 um 17:57 schrieb Jerome Fleischman:
> I have been using Microsoft Office forever and just
> downloaded Open Office.
> I tested it on a couple of things and it seemed to work on
> OS Sierra and a Word document and an Excel spreadsheet.
>
> Rumor/word has it that current Microsoft Office apps
> will not/may not work on the new Mac OS High Sierra.
>
> Microsoft will be charging yearly for their new
> version so I thought Open Office would be a good
> alternative.
>
> I guess I will find out soon enough.

OK, when you know it's working on OS Sierra then you already know the
little obstacle [1]. As I don't know the changes in OS High Sierra I
*assume* it should work as it's just an upgrade from version 10.12 to 10.13.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.3ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

HTH

Marcus