openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>
Subject Re: Windows developent plan
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:14:49 GMT
According to ReactOS team MSVC 2010 still supports WinXP target.
I say we should keep the WinXP support up as long as the ReactOS team
does not support WinNT5 binaries.
It is a good and sound strategy, we would promote another OpenSource
Project.

I think build additional legacy WinXP binary will not hurt us, and it
might be not so much more work. We could explain this if we are
releasing 4.2.0 before ReactOS has made the transition.
That would fit to our strategy in Total. We also do support AmigaOS and
OS/2 warp inofficially. Maybe it would bring us sympathy from another
Community if we promote their target.
Do you agree on the strategy or do you think it would cost us to much
workload?

I have found 2 more Windows action Items I forgot about:

a) MSI installer
b) signed install binary.

Do you think these Items should be trackked too?
If so where should they be on our list?

On 08.02.2018 07:35, Mechtilde wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would guess it.
>
> If someone still have a Win-XP system can test if it also works on Win
> XP. But Win XP is end of live for a long time.
>
> User can use 4.1.5 as long as they use Win XP.
>
> Kind regards
>

> Am 08.02.2018 um 00:58 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>>
>>> Thats the points I am aware of. Are there more Windows specific points?
>> Does upgrade from MSVC2008 mean dropping support for Win XP? The recently released
LO 6.0 32bit requires at least Windows 7...