openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Bug on macOS X and Microsoft Word 2003 XML format
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2018 22:56:41 GMT
A bug has been reported on the Italian mailing list but I'd like to get
verification by a Mac user.

To reproduce:

1. Be on High Sierra (but it would be useful to check with other
versions too; the reporter says everything worked correctly, with
OpenOffice 4.1.5, before upgrading to High Sierra). OpenOffice 4.1.5.

2. Create a new text document, write "Test", save as "Microsoft Word
2003 XML (.xml)" - a rather rare format, but we officially support it.

3. One should be able to save the document and reopen it correctly. The
reporter says he gets "Write error" on High Sierra with 4.1.5 (and the
file is not saved), while his previous macOS version worked fine with 4.1.5.

Note: .odt and .doc work well; only that specific format is problematic.
Also note: I couldn't reproduce the issue on Linux.

The bug would not be particularly important in itself, but the many
build attempts with XML libraries on macOS make this worth checking.

Regards,
   Andrea.