openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>
Subject Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2018 09:20:31 GMT
Hello,

I have hoped that you will get a more positive answer then mine.
I have found no evidence that we have ever worked on an update of
multimedia Libs in any direction. The only thing I have found is someone
tried to compile the old 0.1.0 Gstreamer interface on modern systems.
I think it is unlikely we will see an update in 4.2.0, since there is no
evidence of a volunteer working on it. Of course we would like to have a
better solution then we have now.

In order to advance step by step I have started to collect Information
of possible solutions. And prepared to collect more Informations where
maybe another volunteer could start on.
I have not started any dicusssion, because my limit on driving topics
has been been reached. If you like you could help collecting the
informations needed to implement the stuff. If you have programming
skills you are welcome to try, but I believe it is a challenging Journey.
My current plan is to reduce all the szuff that makes work on Open
Office step by step in order to get into a better shape that we can work
on topics. But currently this is all but in infant state. I welcome any
help.

The Point of Interest List I have started you find at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=67633711
it collects all sort of topics I think I need look into.
The Wikipage I have started to collect Information for a new multimedia
backened you find at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/new+multimedia+Backend

I am sorry I could not invest more time in this point.

All the best
Peter