openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] going Agile
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2018 22:22:04 GMT
Marcus wrote:
> @all:
> What do you think is the first topic we should start with?

I think the only reasonable way forward is that Peter chooses one of the
many available tasks (digital signatures? Java 9 support? MSVC update?
.docx export? you name it) and experiments the workflow limited to it.
Even if it is a relatively small project, one can decompose it in many
subtasks: none of these is "too simple" for an experiment.

This way the rest of the project can continue as always, while we have a
proof of concept that can involve volunteers and so on. Once the proof
of concept is completed, it can serve as a model for expanding it.

Otherwise my feeling is that we will waste too much time discussing the
theory and making it perfect, but getting nowhere in practice.

Regards,
   Andrea.