openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 4.2.0 minor errors
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 12:48:24 GMT
Can you try the versions from:

    o http://people.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/AOO-4.2.0-dev-r1823225/ <http://people.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/AOO-4.2.0-dev-r1823225/>

Thx!

> On Feb 9, 2018, at 4:24 AM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
>
> When I use 4.2.0, running on Xubuntu 16.04.03, to open an existing .odt file I get a
small popup that informs me of "general error".  The file then opens correctly; starting 4.2.0
in a terminal gives no diagnostic.  Opening Writer from the start centre there is no such
error message; I can generate a test document, but when I save, again I get an error "Error
saving the document Tom: General Error".  However the file Tom.odt is actually saved (in spite
of the error message), and will reopen giving the above "general error" message,

> Opening an existing simple spreadsheet - a short list of description and amount - I get
a Yellow exclamation mark and "Not all attributes could be read"; on dismissing this, the
sheet opens correctly.