openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [proposal] going Agile
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2018 22:05:38 GMT
Am 12.02.2018 um 22:15 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> On 10.02.2018 13:26, Marcus wrote:
>

>> Therefore let me summarize:
>>
>> - Use BZ for the development work (e.g, fixing a specific bug).
>> - Work in Jira for the project tasks and technical coordination (e.g.,
>>   Windows signing).
>> - Use Confluence for project work and as documentation base.
>> - Take the Agile Board functions in Jira if it fits for us.
>> - Also we can see what we need to do to claim "We are working along
>>   Kanban rules".
> ok, lets try this.

great

> However I think we should keep an eye on bandwith needs. That is a good
> point from Damjan. We are not only a first world thing. We are for
> everyone and everyone that is willing should have a chance to participate.
> I have seen also in the discussion that we would like to support other
> Open Source Projects if we can. We should therefor concider that Jira is
> only a intermediate solution, to be used until we have a replacement in
> Bugzilla.
> Do you agree with my observation?

Sure, we can try to participate in other projects. However, I thing we
have much to do in our own project.

>> PS:
>> I just wantot repeat a sentence from above:
>>
>> I'm not totally pro or contra your proposal. I just want to express my
>> opinion why not everything you've proposed is fitting for us.
> My priority is to get a better overview of what needs to be done and
> that we work better together, so we have a better chance in including
> new people.
> I will have an eye on topics what volunteers need. I am looking forward
> that we break those eggs one after another together.
>
> I think I did this one wrong, because I started of what I would like to
> do and got into a confrontation role, which I did not want to. Tooling
> and Scrum Framework was not in my center of my goals but It was very
> important in the discussion.
> I am a real slow and bad learner. I hope no one takes this personal. I
> am imaptioned. I apologies to myself and to all others for my uttelress
> clumsyness.

Don't worry too much. Many proposals need to be discussed before coming
to a common understanding - and an agreement.

Thanks for starting this discussion and to try to improve the project
with new ideas.

> I thank you all for the open discussion and the shown courage to speak
> up. I believe that these are values that make us work together. Even
> without Scrum. ;) I hope maybe that others are inspired by this and
> speak up to.
> You are all Welcome!

One good thing in Scrum is: fail fast (do something and stop when it's
not working before wasting more money/time).

So, let's try to implement some ideas and watch closely if it's worth
the effort.

@all:
What do you think is the first topic we should start with?

Marcus