openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] going Agile
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2018 21:15:07 GMT
On 10.02.2018 13:26, Marcus wrote:

> Therefore let me summarize:
>
> - Use BZ for the development work (e.g, fixing a specific bug).
> - Work in Jira for the project tasks and technical coordination (e.g.,
>   Windows signing).
> - Use Confluence for project work and as documentation base.
> - Take the Agile Board functions in Jira if it fits for us.
> - Also we can see what we need to do to claim "We are working along
>   Kanban rules".
ok, lets try this.

However I think we should keep an eye on bandwith needs. That is a good
point from Damjan. We are not only a first world thing. We are for
everyone and everyone that is willing should have a chance to participate.
I have seen also in the discussion that we would like to support other
Open Source Projects if we can. We should therefor concider that Jira is
only a intermediate solution, to be used until we have a replacement in
Bugzilla.
Do you agree with my observation?

> PS:
> I just wantot repeat a sentence from above:
>
> I'm not totally pro or contra your proposal. I just want to express my
> opinion why not everything you've proposed is fitting for us.
My priority is to get a better overview of what needs to be done and
that we work better together, so we have a better chance in including
new people.
I will have an eye on topics what volunteers need. I am looking forward
that we break those eggs one after another together.

I think I did this one wrong, because I started of what I would like to
do and got into a confrontation role, which I did not want to. Tooling
and Scrum Framework was not in my center of my goals but It was very
important in the discussion.
I am a real slow and bad learner. I hope no one takes this personal. I
am imaptioned. I apologies to myself and to all others for my uttelress
clumsyness.

I thank you all for the open discussion and the shown courage to speak
up. I believe that these are values that make us work together. Even
without Scrum. ;) I hope maybe that others are inspired by this and
speak up to.
You are all Welcome!