openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Help Needed
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2018 21:25:49 GMT
On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 12:51:32 -0700
Donnell Giambastiani <gnddanes@sonic.net> wrote:

> Hi;
> I have used your open office program for quite a few years with
> no problems. Last week I am not sure what happened but all of my saved
> documents have just disappeared.  I really need your help to get them
> back as I use them for my work and photos.
>
> Can someone please get back to me as soon as possible so we can figure
> out what happened.  I did not do anything new with the computer or add
> any
> new programs so cannot explain or figure out what happened to make all
> my
> documents just gone!
>
> Donnell

Your documents are still on the computer, in the directory in which they were saved.  What
has happened is that OpenOffice has lost the list of shortcuts to these documents, possibly
due to a computer or program crash, or to an over-hasty power off of the computer before the
internal housekeeping had been finally written to disk.  If you use /File /Open to navigate
to the directory n which you saved these documents, as you select each one and open it, it
will then appear on the recent Documents list.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>