openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>
Subject Re: Licensing for College
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2018 20:47:00 GMT
Hello Mr Stevenson,

I would like to add a small, but important detail.

The use of the software "As is", is free as stated already.
The development /maintenance of the product is not free. It costs
involvement of volunteers.
If the team of Volunteers manage to bring out a new version, it is again
downloadable for free.

We are open to everyone, who wants to help developing OpenOffice, under
the License we distribute the Software with
(https://www.openoffice.org/license.html).
We need volunteers for:
# producing user Documentation (we are open for all formats)
# user support (we currently have 2 channels: user mailing list, forum)
# evaluating Bug reports
# testing new releases
# anylsing code for bugs
# developing new features in the core of the software or as add on.
# maintaining existing code or add ons.

I am sorry if this goes beyond what you are interested in, but I think
you need to understand our DNA. (And where free as in it does not cost
something ends)

Thanks for your time
Peter