openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Time to push on for 4.2.0
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2018 20:43:03 GMT
Am 10.04.2018 um 14:54 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> We have still not yet made any strategic determination... We have
> a possible scenario where gstreamer can be built regardless of
> what version the build system has in place, but, afaict, that has
> not yet been folded in.
>
> My suggestion would be that that gets committed ASAP so we
> can test it. We then svn copy trunk to a AOO420 branch and
> start focusing on getting a 4.2.0 GA release out.

thanks for the reminder.

I also think it's time to start with splitting from the continued
developement and make a branch for 4.2.0.

The advantage is that we can start to create a stable code base - at the
moment at least for building, later on also for the code quality.

The disadvantage is that we then need to deal with merging code snippets
to trunk *and* 420_branch. But also at a later time this has to be done
anyway - so not really a disadvantage.

Marcus