openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WEBSITE] QA area changes, and differences between staging and production
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2018 23:18:44 GMT

>>> environment. Our default setup for -- http://www.openoffice.org/ -- does
>>> not.
>>>
>>> We should probably request that infra setup both these servers the same.
>>>

>> Kay;
>>
>> Just tried to check out ooo-site repo in preparation for completing the
>> download of all the Impress test cases and ran into a problem. You have
>> a number of files that include an * in the filename. This is no-no on
>> windows and causes a corrupt working copy on Windows that can not be
>> used. Can you update the ooo-site repo and replace those 1/2 dozen or so
>> files with * in the names so that I can check out a new working copy?
>>

> ​Yes, I will do that.
Thanks Kay. A closer look at the repo shows somewhere around 2 dozen
files that have * in the file name.

> ​
>

>> Also a process question. Why did you chose to put all the tests in a
>> single directory rather than breaking it down by application the way
>> they were on the testlink site?
>

> ​An oversight on my part, but as I got into this, I did see there was a LOT
> of overlap, with the former QA folks establishing categories for some very
> specific areas. We can probably restructure this new area just based on
> file names and move things around. I discovered on the original TestLink
> site that there were MANY fine-grained categorizations that we probably
> don't need.
>
> ​
>

>> The process engineer in me says that it
>> would be cleaner to do it by application so that a volunteer working on
>> Writer doesn't have to wade through tests that do not apply to them to
>> find the Writer specific ones.
>>

> ​I thought perhaps the file names themselves would suffice for determining
> categories. In any case, please feel free to organize this area further. I
> would think subareas for Wrtier, Calc, Impress, Database, Drawing would be
> enough -- or not.

Once  I get a clean checkout of the repo I will take a closer look at
possibilities for restructuring it a bit.

Regards
Keith