openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: gstreamer status for 4.2.0-dev?
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2018 19:21:10 GMT
Am 06.06.2018 um 19:21 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> Let's not focus on CentOS5 vs CentOS6 for now... the issue is that gstreamer-1.0 requires
that previously supported Linux OSs and platforms will no longer be supported; that is, our
community builds will no longer work for them.

sure, it's about the platform we now need to use. When gstreamer is no
longer working with the old CentOS5 system, then let's update it.

That's what I want to express, not more or less.

> Are we OK with that?
>
> That is the main consideration. Everything else is determined from that decision.
>
> So what say we all?

IMHO Dave had the perfect answer: When someone else needs the old stuff,
then they are free to do the work and deliver patches. (correspondingly)

Marcus

>> On Jun 5, 2018, at 5:26 PM, Marcus <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

It

>>> ‚ÄčI think we'd need to go up to CentOS7 for gstreamer 1.x. Anyway...point
>>> taken.
>>
>> CentOS5 is done [1]. We can try to upgrade to CentOS6 as our new base platform. Or
do some effort to jump directly to CentOS7.