openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: gstreamer status for 4.2.0-dev?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2018 19:09:52 GMT
I am setup to be able to provide both CentOS5 Linux builds, for "old" systems (and gstreamer
0.10), and Ubuntu-or-CentOS6 Linux builds for newer ones (and gstreamer 1.x), so if that is
the decision, that's fine w/ me. It increases, substantially, the total volume of releases
we need to do, which is a factor, so we need to make sure our distro channel is aware.

I just don't like the one "making" that decision... but that's the only one I'm qualified
to make since that's the only one I'm qualified to adjust trunk to represent (that is, pull
the gstreamer-0.10 stuff from 4.1.5 and reincorporate it into trunk to exist in parallel w/
the new gstreamer-1.x stuff in there now).

FWIW, our inability to follow-through on this single issue is quite bothersome to me...

> On May 30, 2018, at 6:19 PM, Torokhov Sergey <torokhov-s-a@yandex.ru> wrote:
>

> 29.05.2018, 21:30, "Jim Jagielski" <jim@jagunet.com>:
>> I think the hope is to continue using CentOS5 for our official AOO community builds.
If not, then this becomes much easier, but it is, IMO, a major policy decision to do that.
recall that gstreamer-1.x is incompatible w/ CentOS5.

>> I have no idea how to do #2 but #1 looks like simple brute force. Certainly not elegant
but if that's what it takes to get past this holding pattern, then that's what we have to
do.

> Some packages provides builds both for old and new systems.
> E.g. here ( https://www.onlyoffice.com/en/download-desktop.aspx ) presented
> packages both for old Debian and Ubuntu (Debian 7, Ubuntu 12.04 ) and their new releases
(Debian 8, Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 18.04 ).