openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: [Help] Instructions on translating Websites
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2018 18:13:41 GMT
Am 12.06.2018 um 19:38 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
> On 6/11/2018 3:59 PM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Hi Keith,
>>
>> I think the process described on that page is still accurate.
>>
>> But although volunteers are willing to translate the pages, most of them
>> are not committers nor do they have knowledge in subversion.
>>
>> So, what I did in the past (for several pages) was to give the volunteer
>> a list of strings (extracted from the website) and they sent it back
>> translated. Then I put the strings in the page and submitted it.
>>
>> However this generates a lot of work and it would be great if we find a
>> way to simplify the process...
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
> My thinking behind this was to have something that a committer, (mainly
> myself), with some spare cycles could follow to help expedite these
> requests.

That's what I did up to now. See the list attached for Polish.
For the common volunteer even a HTML file is too hard to understand, so
I only gave them the needed strings.

If the volunteer wants to get credits he can be mentioned here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Localization+Volunteers

Since I am now concentrating on our Windows builds I would be happy if
someone could take over.
If needed I can provide files for all translatable strings (main and
download page).

Regards,
   Matthias