openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Bergmann <sberg...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Just a little side note on the scripting framework ...
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2018 14:30:13 GMT
On 14/06/18 20:54, Rony G. Flatscher (Apache) wrote:
> A friend has LibreOffice installed (due to a better mail-merge-support I understand)
and I came up
> with a script to help her taking advantage of the writer component. The script is written
in ooRexx
> for which I authored an OOo scripting provider that works on OOo, making ooRexx an additional
macro
> language for OOo.
>
> Now, installing that package on her machine the scripts work from outside of LO flawlessly,
however
> ooRexx does not get registered as another macro language in LO (missing from the "Macro"
menu).
> After researching this issue for quite some time now, it turns out that LO removed a
method in
> ClassLoaderFactory and changed the signature of the remaining method by removing the
throws clause,
> causing a need to compile the script language provider against OOo's ScriptFramework.jar,
if the
> script provider is to run against OOo, and having the need to compile it separately against
LO's
> version of ScriptFramework.jar, which is a PITA.

Running the original ScriptProviderForooRexx.oxt in LO should be fixed
with <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/55871/> "Restore binary
compatibility for ClassLoaderFactory" (see commit message for details).
I hope to get that still backported into upcoming LO 6.0.5.

Thanks for reporting!