openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <madrone...@gmail.com>
Subject Open office software
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2018 18:17:23 GMT
Hi, I'm ignorant of modern PC's used to MS Word, as used on an old WIN95
operating system!
I don't do computers.
But, am trying to write an illustrated novel.. using a word processing
platform, from ink & paper longhand.
Old school.
I bought a hp570 tower.
1.) I want to just compose my book draft Offline.
2.) The PC in theory has MS Word software...or does it?
I was told it won't work for long, as Microsoft charges for Word?
Will it even work without Internet connection?
( Things were simpler in the past.)
It was suggested to me, to download a "free source" word- equivalent
software program,-such as your ApacheOpenOffice, instead of using MSWord.
Is it possible? Does it include similar features to word? Can it easily
store the unfinished work on a hp570 PC offline? Is Internet required? PDF
form?
Thanks, Mark in the dark.