openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A 4.1.6 Release
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2018 15:02:53 GMT
Matthias Seidel ha scritto:
> Am 17.08.2018 um 07:51 schrieb Peter kovacs:
>> I have managed to make time on the next weekend's. So I volunteer for Release Manager.
 Hope it helps to get this from the table.
> If there would be a role as Co-Release Manager, I would volunteer for it.
> That said, I believe we should always have a fallback. We all know what
> happened when a Release Manager got unavailable.

Good, let's really get 4.1.6 on the radar! Peter: remember to add your
code signing key to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/openoffice/KEYS

The first step is to create the AOO416 branch so that we can cherry-pick
patches that must be ported to it. Remember we now have scripts to do it
automatically, so just ask in case.

> And again, I would be happy to provide the Windows builds.

Yes, the Release Manager role in itself is mostly paperwork and
procedures: for OpenOffice most of the actual work goes into producing
the builds. I hope Jim can dust off his CentOS 5 and OS X VMs for "just
one last time" once again. Once we are OK with build providers, the
release is just a matter of coordination.

Regards,
   Andrea.