openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject RE: Automatic Date is only causing problems
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2018 14:50:03 GMT

that might make sense, but it's not very important

> Before Automatic Date formatting happens the program should
> ask only once
> per computer installation if you want to have the automatic
> date formatting
> enabled resulting in xyz or if you want the automatic date formatting
> disabled leaving my numbers as they are.
>
> Popup message box
> Change entry to date format YYMMDD?
> Yes No Remember my choice checkbox

-1

This makes no sense at all, because it will lead to exactly the same problems as the simplified
way of clicking the message to format incompatibilities when saving files - the users then
simply click away the message and later complain that it does not work and claim to have received
no notification at all.

gretings,
Jörg