openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org>
Subject Re: Correct sentence about OpenOffice
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2018 18:36:34 GMT
Hi Matthias

> I know of some references to Oracle/SUN. But if there is one in a
>     released language, it must be corrected!
>     You do have a Pootle account? ;-)

Isn't it the Pootle files that are not synced with the release?

Isn't it better to edit the .desktop file and just upload the changes to SVN?

>     >

>         > > In any case the important part is to do our best with the resources
available (or stop and wait...)

> >     >     That is why we discuss here. But if we agree on a different wording
it
>     has impact on 41 languages.
>     Of course that should be done by a native speaker and will take some time.
>
>     Such a change should also be announced on l10n@.

There is no change in the text. It was a syntax error in the English version (not a change
of meaning of the sentence).

There is no need to ask people from 41 languages to replace "Apache OpenOffice" by "Apache
Software Foundation"

There is no translation involved

Regards,

Pedro