openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Check for Updates broken?
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2018 07:08:42 GMT
On 25/11/2018 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> It is a matter of virtual machines and policy. The virtual machines we
> have available for the moment (and one would need to open the URLs with
> "soffice URL" to check) are:
> - https://wiki.openoffice.org
> - https://forum.openoffice.org
> - https://wikitest.openoffice.org ...
> I believe, but I haven't checked, that only the first two can be reached
> from the affected systems. ... if everything fits, we might be in
> time for a quick test on the old Wiki VM shortly before 30 November.

Just a note to say that Infra asked us to keep the web server inactive
on the old VMs to ensure nothing was missing from the migration, so we
couldn't test as I had proposed.

Are the current VMs unreachable from the affected systems? I mean, does

$ soffice https://wiki.openoffice.org
$ soffice https://forum.openoffice.org

give "Server error" from the machine where updates cannot be reached?

If yes, we'll have to look into another environment. If no, we can reuse
one of these two VMs as the new updates server.

Regards,
   Andrea.