openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Win64 progress at almost 50%; the challenging Win64<->UNO bridge looms
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2018 20:30:55 GMT
I have many years of professional assembly language programming
experience. I have learned several assembly languages, but not one for
Win64. I also have a good general understanding of stack management and
call/return from compiler and operating system work.

Would it be useful for me to start learning the appropriate assembly
language and stack management? If so, I would like pointers to the
assembler and ABI etc. conventions.

On 12/1/2018 12:22 AM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> Hi
>
> At least 81 modules (44.26%) successfully build on Win64 now, up from 67
> (36.61%) before.
>
> At present the build breaks in main/bridges, which I can hack past, but
> then modules like cli_ure and i18npool break, probably because they need
> the missing Win64 UNO bridge.
>
> This Win64 <-> UNO bridge has to call arbitrary methods, translate
> arbitrary exceptions, etc. between UNO and C++. It has to be written
> predominantly in assembly language, and needs to implement the platform's
> calling convention, deal with its ABI, RTTI, etc. - quite a challenge.
>
> Wish me luck, or join and help?
>
> Damjan

---
https://www.avg.com