openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Check for Updates broken?
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2018 07:11:02 GMT

> On Dec 4, 2018, at 11:08 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 25/11/2018 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> It is a matter of virtual machines and policy. The virtual machines we have available
for the moment (and one would need to open the URLs with "soffice URL" to check) are:
>> - https://wiki.openoffice.org
>> - https://forum.openoffice.org
>> - https://wikitest.openoffice.org ...
>> I believe, but I haven't checked, that only the first two can be reached from the
affected systems. ... if everything fits, we might be in time for a quick test on the old
Wiki VM shortly before 30 November.

> Just a note to say that Infra asked us to keep the web server inactive on the old VMs
to ensure nothing was missing from the migration, so we couldn't test as I had proposed.

> Are the current VMs unreachable from the affected systems? I mean, does
>
> $ soffice https://wiki.openoffice.org
> $ soffice https://forum.openoffice.org
>
> give "Server error" from the machine where updates cannot be reached?
>
> If yes, we'll have to look into another environment. If no, we can reuse one of these
two VMs as the new updates server.

+1 - Or even ask for a new VM. I’ll help either way. Show me the update code and httpd config.

Regards,
Dave