openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Cheryl Whitesel <cherylwhite...@hotmail.com>
Subject How can I turn off search pop up that says "OpenOffice Writer has searched to the end of the document. Do you want to continue at the beginning?"
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2018 00:28:29 GMT
Hi,

When I search through a document, please tell me how to turn off the maddening pop up, "OpenOffice
Writer has searched to the end of the document.   Do you want to continue at the beginning?"
 I ALWAYS want to go back and search from the beginning.  This feature slows searching tremendously.

Also,  when I search, putting an apostrophe into the search makes the software unable to find
the word in question.  For example, if I want to search for "don't" I need to search for "don"
without the 't.  If I search for "don't" the sofware finds nothing.  Every single time. Can
this be fixed?

Thanks.

Cheryl Whitesel