openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Google+ going away on April 2, 2019
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2019 18:00:15 GMT
I'm assuming most of you know that Google+ is going away April 2. 2019.
I am one of the moderators for the AOO group. Here is information I just
received. I know MANY are disappointed by this decision, and we need to
discuss what to do with the current AOO information.

*You've received this email because you have a consumer (personal)
Google+ account or you manage a Google+ page.*

In December 2018, we announced
<https://blog.google/technology/safety-security/expediting-changes-google-plus>
our decision to shut down Google+ for consumers in April 2019 due to low
usage and challenges involved in maintaining a successful product that
meets consumers' expectations. We want to thank you for being part of
Google+ and provide next steps, including how to download your photos
and other content.

*On April 2nd, your Google+ account and any Google+ pages you created
will be shut down and we will begin deleting content from consumer
Google+ accounts*. Photos and videos from Google+ in your Album Archive
and your Google+ pages will also be deleted. You can download and save
<https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1045788> your content, just make
sure to do so before April. Note that photos and videos backed up in
Google Photos will not be deleted.

The process of deleting content from consumer Google+ accounts, Google+
Pages, and Album Archive will take a few months, and content may remain
through this time. For example, users may still see parts of their
Google+ account via activity log and some consumer Google+ content may
remain visible to G Suite users until consumer Google+ is deleted.

*As early as February 4th, you will no longer be able to create new
Google+ profiles, pages, communities or events.*

See the full FAQ <https://support.google.com/plus/answer/9217723> for
more details and updates leading up to the shutdown.

*If you're a Google+ Community owner or moderator*, you may download and
save <https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1045788> your data for your
Google+ Community. Starting early March 2019, additional data will be
available for download, including author, body, and photos for every
community post in a public community. Learn more
<https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1045788#communities>

*If you sign in to sites and apps using the Google+ Sign-in button*,
these buttons will stop working in the coming weeks but in some cases
may be replaced by a Google Sign-in button. You'll still be able to sign
in with your Google Account wherever you see Google Sign-in buttons.
Learn more <https://support.google.com/plus/answer/9217723#signin>

*If you've used Google+ for comments on your own or other sites*, this
feature will be removed from Blogger by February 4th and other sites by
March 7th. All your Google+ comments on all sites will be deleted
starting April 2, 2019. Learn more
<https://support.google.com/plus/answer/9217723#blogger>

*If you're a G Suite customer*, Google+ for your G Suite account should
remain active. Contact your G Suite administrator
<https://support.google.com/a/answer/6208960> for more details. You can
also expect a new look and new features soon. Learn more
<https://cloud.google.com/blog/products/g-suite/new-enterprise-grade-features-in-googleplus-help-businesses-drive-collaboration>

*If you're a developer* using Google+ APIs or Google+ Sign-in, click
here <https://developers.google.com/+/api-shutdown> to see how this will
impact you.

 From all of us on the Google+ team, thank you for making Google+ such a
special place. We are grateful for the talented group of artists,
community builders, and thought leaders who made Google+ their home. It
would not have been the same without your passion and dedication.

Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update
you about important changes to your Google+ Page, product or account.

MzK