openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google+ going away on April 2, 2019
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2019 21:25:28 GMT

On 2/24/19 12:59 PM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Hi Kay, Hi Keith,
>
> Am 05.02.19 um 00:58 schrieb Kay Schenk:
>>>>
>>> Hi Kay;
>>>
>>> Yes we should definitely make an archive of Google+ pages, just not sure
>>> where the best place for them to be stored would be.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Keith
>>>
>> I'm looking into HOW to get the data from G+. It might be nice
>> (somehow) to import the G+ postings into FB, but the participant info
>> wouldn't sync that's for sure. I'll do a dump from G+ soon and see
>> what the feeds/post look like.
> You may already have found the way to archive Google+ content:
> https://takeout.google.com/
>
> It took Google about one week to provide my zip file.
>
> I am also wondering about our YouTube channel. It is linked to the
> Google+ brand account, so I have administrative rights. But since I am
> not the owner I can not add another administrator/moderator.
>
> Regards,
>
>     Matthias

A short update. I just "downloaded" the set from Apache OpenOffice G+.
It didn't take very long. I actually used the instructions from:

https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1045788

All the posts are there but...the urls generated reference
"plus.google.com" which is useless since that's the service going away.
So, I will look around to see what else I can find. Oy! Maybe we can
find the G+ stylesheets somewhere.

"Less is more."
MzK