openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Time for our first 4.2.0 beta?
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2019 23:23:43 GMT
Am 14.02.19 um 19:39 schrieb JD:
> Great! Please post the URL of the binaries so other people can start
> testing.

this is the keyword:

First we need to do some tests on our own. Otherwise we risk to release
a beta that doesn't survive barley longer than a small smoketest.

The problem is that different people have different point of views how
good the quality should be before a beta should be release. Therefore I
cannot say what exactly has to be covered by a smoketest.

But up to know I haven't seen someone that has posted some tests results.

So, maybe the best time to define a standard set of test tasks that have
to be executed before a more public release like a beta release should
be done.

Opinions?

Marcus