openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Don Lewis <truck...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does OpenOffice still use Serf?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2019 02:36:12 GMT
On  3 Feb, Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Thanks Peter,
>
> Am 03.02.19 um 10:31 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> Bump this topic. As we are aproaching a new version, can we try this?
>
> We should try to incorporate this in trunk.
>
> In my opinion it would be a win-win situation for both projects

When I last looked at this, I got stumped by the requirement for scons.
It would be nice if we could build scons at the bootstrap stage, but
python is needed to build scons, and we haven't built python yet.  If we
build scons during the main build after python, then we have to be
careful not to package scons.