openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: Time for our first 4.2.0 beta?
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2019 16:58:21 GMT
Hi Jim,

Am 15.03.19 um 12:01 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> I've upload just a couple of the macOS AOO-4.2.0-dev builds to:
>
>     http://home.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/
>
> Attached are screen shots. BTW, the name of the app is AOO-Developer-Build

Yes, that's what it is supposed to look like! ;-)
The name is set according to openoffice.lst [1].

The binary name also contains ...AOO420m1... It is used, when
DEVELOPMENTPRODUCT is set to 1 in openoffice.lst.
And this seems to be the problem on Windows. If it is unset, the
resulting binaries only contain the version (e.g.
Apache_OpenOffice-Dev_4.2.0_Win_x86_install_en-US) and file associations
are set correctly.

So, without digging deeper, I would make the changes to openoffice.lst
and then do another full Developer Build on Windows this weekend.

Regards,

   Matthias

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/AOO42X/main/instsetoo_native/util/openoffice.lst