openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: Is it save to assume that Issue 12219, will not be fixed?
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2019 14:49:36 GMT
Hi Gerry,

Am 09.04.19 um 18:07 schrieb Gerry Liebling:
> Hi Peter,
> Thank you for this info.
> I would certainly like to assist and pursue this (and perhaps other) issues to the extent
I am able.  I am not a developer - any more.  The last programming I did was in Fortran
and assembly language.
FORTRAN was my first real programming language (after Motorola 68000
Assembler) when I was studying. Long ago...
> But I am good at letter writing and agitating!  So if there is any way I can contribute
in this capacity, please let me know.
> On a slightly related subject - you said that you thought OpenOffice is "anachronistic."

No, Peter didn't write that, he wrote "anarchistic" (describing our way
of development). ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

>   On the Ubuntu Software Center there are other systems listed that appear to provide
similar functionality - like ONLYOFFICE.  Do you have any experience or comments about these
alternative options?

>      Gerry Liebling

in this issue, and perhaps encourage that it be addressed, exactly how should I go about it?