openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org>
Subject Re: Downloads
Date Fri, 24 May 2019 08:23:52 GMT
Hi Tom

>     I'm trying to download your OpenOffice for Windows7 to be able to edit and use the
.doc files that I've made in Microsoft Word 2000 & 2007, but when I try I keep getting
"styles failing to load" and so no download. Also will your software do what I"m trying to
get done?

Yes, OpenOffice will allow you to edit and use your .doc and .docx documents. However it will
not allow you to save again in .docx (aka Word 2007)
You can save in .doc (aka Word 2000) but unless you need to keep it in that format to send
to someone (who is stuck on that format), it is better to save them in ODT (Open Document)
for future compatibility with any word processor.

Your download problem seems to be caused by your Browser (not a Server issue)
Please try this direct link to the Apache server
http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.6/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.6_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe

Best,
Pedro