openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice Mystery....
Date Thu, 16 May 2019 21:52:07 GMT
Dear Barbara

You have posted in the developer's mailing list.
In the future if you need assistance please post your questions at https://forum.openoffice.org/

> I have used OpenOffice for the last 4 years when it was installed for me by Apple on
a new Apple Pro Mac computer. They knew I needed something compatible with the documents I
had created on my Microsoft computer. I have never experienced trouble with OpenOffice until
today when I tried to access a document written in January 2019 and could access only a dropdown
menu of choices of kinds of documents; the document I wanted was visible only behind the dropdown
menu.

>From the description it seems that OpenOffice is not able to identify the file type. Maybe
the file was corrupted for some reason. If the contents of the file is not confidencial you
could share it with someone at the forum who might be able to take a look at it.

Best,
Pedro