openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Michele Denber <mden...@gmx.com>
Subject Re: OO configure fails: Possible unintended interpolation of @ENABLE
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2019 18:53:26 GMT
On 06-28-2019 5:36 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> If you don't have a platform specific *.sh, you won't get anything to
> build. The references won't be right.
But I do have a file called "SolarisSparcGccEnv.Set.sh".  Is that not
the right one?

> Did you take a look at the Solaris specific instructions at --
>
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide/Building_on_Solaris

Hmm, does AOO now require the use of SunStudio?  When I run configure,
it is still doing a bunch of checks for gcc, like "Checking for gcc... gcc".

> You don't have a correct set of ENV variables for your platform. So
> nothing is happening.
Thanks, that was a good clue.  Although running the .sh file did create
a bunch of new env vars, one of them, PWD was wrong.  Somehow it was
pointing to a different directory.  Once I set that to the
instsetoo_native directory I was able to do a new configure, bootstrap,
set the env vars and get the build underway.

It built a bunch of stuff before mysteriously stopping here:

# ../solenv/bin/build.pl --all:soltools
build -- version: 275224

=============
Building module soltools
=============

Entering /export/home/denber/aoo-4.1.6/main/soltools/mkdepend

Making:    makedepend
unx
../unxsogs.pro/misc/make_makedepend.makedepend_1.cmd: line 3: syntax
error near unexpected token `('
../unxsogs.pro/misc/make_makedepend.makedepend_1.cmd: line 3:
`(wnck-applet:23297): Wnck-WARNING **: Unhandled action type (nil) \'
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxsogs.pro/bin/makedepend'

1 module(s):
         soltools
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
/export/home/denber/aoo-4.1.6/main/soltools/mkdepend

I'm afraid I don't know what any of that means.  I have however seen
those syntax complaints before due to shell issues so I tried it this
way and got a different error:

# /usr/xpg4/bin/sh ../solenv/bin/build.pl --all:soltools
build -- version: 275224

=============
Building module soltools
=============

Entering /export/home/denber/aoo-4.1.6/main/soltools/mkdepend

Making:    makedepend
unx
../unxsogs.pro/misc/make_makedepend.makedepend_1.cmd: line 2: syntax
error near unexpected token `('
../unxsogs.pro/misc/make_makedepend.makedepend_1.cmd: line 2: `Window
manager warning: Working around an application which called
XSetInputFocus (None) or with RevertToNone instead of
RevertToPointerRoot, this is a minor bug in some application. If you can
figure out which application causes this please report it as a bug
against that application. \'
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxsogs.pro/bin/makedepend'

1 module(s):
         soltools
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
/export/home/denber/aoo-4.1.6/main/soltools/mkdepend

When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build
by running:

         build --all:soltools

#

             - Michele