openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: get Revision from Git (short Hash)
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2019 06:51:53 GMT
On 13/08/2019 Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Regarding the short git hash (vs. long git hash):
> I can live with it. But if there is something fundamentally wrong with
> using it (in our About dialog and on our download page) the Git gurus
> should speak up *now*. ;-)

Short is fine. I would honestly prefer something that is increasing with
time, so something like "20190814-abcd123" as this is more informative
(note I mean the date of the specific commit, not the build date; the
two will be different in general).

I can take care of this when I have time for looking into it in case.

Regards,
   Andrea.