openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN problem
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2019 15:37:26 GMT
On 13/08/2019 Kay Schenk wrote:
> The page name from the current project website repository is --
> source_new.mdtext as you probably saw.

There is no need to be shy here... we have version control and we can
just update source.mdtext. I've moved your source_new.mdtext to be the
new version of source.mdtext and we'll continue from there.

> I really know VERY little about git but I will try to do some editing and
> hope others will do a lot more. ☺

I am quite knowledgeable about git itself (I've used it daily for
several years) so I can definitely provide some text and I will do some
edits. What I am quite unfamiliar with is how we are supposed to use git
at the ASF, why we have two master repositories and so on; all I can
find is https://gitbox.apache.org/ so I guess all other policies are up
to us for defining.

Regards,
   Andrea.