openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <wave4d...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: get Revision from Git (short Hash)
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2019 07:06:26 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 13, 2019, at 11:51 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 13/08/2019 Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Regarding the short git hash (vs. long git hash):
>> I can live with it. But if there is something fundamentally wrong with using it (in
our About dialog and on our download page) the Git gurus should speak up *now*. ;-)

> Short is fine. I would honestly prefer something that is increasing with time, so something
like "20190814-abcd123" as this is more informative (note I mean the date of the specific
commit, not the build date; the two will be different in general).a

> I can take care of this when I have time for looking into it in case.

Are we discussing logic for the update process?

If so and switching to Git is one answer encoding a known progression and following that to
check for updates?

Put another way does switching to Git require careful discussion of update scenarios?

Regards,
Dave