openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [vote] AOO417-RC1​
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2019 21:47:30 GMT
Am 12.09.19 um 18:55 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
> On 9/12/2019 12:25 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> I think the normal 3days makes sense... What does everyone else think?
> 3 days should be fine.

I think release votes have a bigger effort then other topics. So IMHO it
MUST go over a weekend. Otherwise some - like me at the mment - have no
chance to participate as the effort is really bigger.

Thanks

Marcus

>>> On Sep 12, 2019, at 7:26 AM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> How long will you allow for testing of the Linux builds between the rebuild and
releasing them?

>>> Patricia

vote, then the macOS and Windows builds will move, as-is, to the release state; The Linux
binaries will be rebuilt, but with no code changes at all, to fix the git short-hash inconsistency
between macOS/Win and the Linux builds (the Linux builds use a 7digit hash but the macOS and
Windows use a 10digit one, so the About splash pages will show slightly different "versions"
(although source code-wise, they are bit-bit exact)

discussion that we will not vote at all or to late.
move on as is. The views did not differ so much.

the end date. We have the vote going and people can come and test. I am happy if we have more
testers then the last time.